Perimeter Protection protects customers of AWS and Amazon.com against DDoS attacks and web application threats. Customers rely on our three services, AWS Shield, AWS WAF, and AWS Firewall Manager, to protect application availability across their organization, so they can focus on their business. We build everything from low level packet inspection hardware/software to customer-facing AWS services to globally distributed systems capable of mitigating world's largest attacks. At AWS, you'll have the opportunity to raise the bar, help develop new systems that automatically protect against evolving threats while providing customer-facing, centralized management and visibility.
The AWS WAF team is looking for a determined, motivated Software Development Manager to guide the engineering team in this mission. We need an experienced leader who will be responsible for growing the service, making tough prioritization decisions, iterating and innovating, and thinking through distributed systems problems. You will play a lead role on the team, interact with our customers and collaborate with product managers to gather requirements, lead the design, implementation, testing and operational support; soup to nuts. You will be an owner on day one, stretch outside of your area and find numerous learning opportunities. There is potential for significant growth and career development in this role.
To be successful in this role you should be a strong leader who is technically deep, can communicate clearly, and has the ability to build a strong team that delivers results in a fast-paced environment. The AWS business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality features and new services. You must have outstanding analytical skills and excellent communication.
As a leader on the team you will:
• Directly manage the software engineering team as they design, implement, and test new features in AWS WAF
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to provide a world-class customer experience: continually raise the bar on functionality, reliability, and usability
• Project manage and drive large cross functional deliverables
• Set clear and measurable goals for the business, team and team members
• Recruit new talent to grow your team, mentor and promote these engineers at all levels as they progress in their careers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related discipline
• 4+ years of experience managing software development teams
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Proficient with web services, application security, and networking
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• Proven track record for attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across teams
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation