Software Development Manager
- Arlington, VA
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager who has experience building innovative, high volume applications that customers love and who enjoys managing people. Growing, motivating, and mentoring your team is the most important part of this role.
You will lead a team of talented engineers building AWS CodeArtifact, a managed artifact repository service launched in June 2020. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the everyday experience of thousands of developers both inside and outside of Amazon.
The ideal candidate understands software development. You've kept your technical skills reasonably current, to the point that you can still contribute to architecture discussions. You regularly take part in troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
On this team you will play a leading role in the development Code Artifact. You will:
• Help define the vision, designs and roadmap for Code Artifact.
• Work with development teams inside and outside Amazon as your core customers.
• Identify and eliminate developer pain points in multiple languages and toolchains.
• Work closely with remarkable engineers and business leaders on hard problems.
• Build your team by mentoring and growing the engineers who report to you.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1-year of education.
• 10+ years professional experience in software development
• 5+ years professional experience managing software development teams
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and performance analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience building tools and systems for use by software developers.
• Masters degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience running and optimizing large-scale running services.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top