Do you want to be part of a billion dollar opportunity?
Value Added Services (VAS) team (Also popularly known as Amazon Home Services (AHS) ) in Hyderabad, India is building a WW Services platform which enables Amazon to sell services (like Plumber, Electrician, Installation, House Cleaning, Oil Change etc.) as products. The key driver for the group is add to the velocity of the Amazon flywheel to be unlock and improve selection on different categories where having services is elemental to offer end to end & complete experience to the customer. E.g. Selling a Dishwasher with a installation service or Furniture with installation.
We are on the mission to build a eco system at Amazon which becomes as a one stop for Service Providers to sell services, be able to associate it with products / regions, an experience which delight the customer to use Amazon as a platform to get end to end hassle free experience while buying a product with a Service & a platform that set benchmark in the industry for standards, customer satisfaction, safety and flexibility while fulfilling a service.
We are looking for a strong leader into our Fulfillment team to own and drive the vision to build next generation Service Provider platform to achieve our mission.
You will work with other Amazon business and engineering teams in planning, designing, building, and supporting systems. Your primary responsibilities will include developing a team of engineers, managing the team's devops processes, defining and publishing the team's charter and vision, managing priorities across groups of customers, goal-setting, and roadmap management.
Your team will architect highly efficient systems, making a tradeoff between scalability, performance, and user functionality needs using expert knowledge in software development technologies. You will develop long term domain/technology strategies and significantly influence the process and engineering standards on the team. You will lead design reviews and offer feedback on design, integration, performance, and scalability. You will serve as an authority in the area of technical and domain expertise and mentor, develop, and train the engineers.
The ideal candidate for this role will be technically strong and able to dive deep and have prior experience managing customer-facing teams. They will also have experience in the Retail/Fulfillment/Logistics domains and will have excellent verbal and written communication appropriate to engage with all levels at Amazon. Lastly, they will be a great leader who takes pride in and genuinely enjoys hiring, developing, mentoring, motivating, and retaining the best engineers.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• 8+ years of industry experience working on a software development team (as a engineering manager)
• 5+ years of experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams
• 5+ years of experience in building, growing and managing team of high caliber engineers
• Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective.
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program
• Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
• Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
• Domain expertise in Retail, fullfillment & logistics domain
• Strong systems integration and architecture experience.
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years' experience, or a Master's degree and 8+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.