Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon International Technology team.
The job is simple: make everything available to everyone all the time at the best possible price. The requirements are almost as simple - we're looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity and ambiguous requirements to empower our customers to shop the World. No two features are ever the same and our customers are hungry for every single one!
If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. If you want to work on the fulfillment technologies that bring increased selection and a premier delivery experience, we want to talk to you. If you want to work on internet scale to positively touch millions of customers' experiences then we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying a variety of new customer experiences. You will be responsible for upholding a high bar in operational excellence and quality. You will partner across functions to help define creative vision, product requirements, user experience, and cross-team integration for retail operations in Mexico, LATAM and the rest of the world. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, product managers, business stakeholders, and central team engineers, you will help define and drive the product from concept all the way through to production.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience as a software developer
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
• 5+ years relevant work experience in commercial or web-scale system software development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
-- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.