Are you a technology leader and innovator interested in owning a business critical service at AWS? We have an opportunity for a Software Development Manager in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and are looking for a leader who is ready to transform AWS's identity management landscape.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for traditional IT solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
What you will do:
In this role, you will own a key technology in the AWS ecosystem. You and your team will work closely with customers across AWS providing strategic services that raise the bar for identity management, security, and integration. You will be joining a group of technology leaders that are determined to delight our customers while driving AWS forward. You will integrate with AWS products; you will help evaluate new AWS offerings; and you will build new capabilities. You will lead a full-stack development team - services and API's to provide end users a seamless experience. You will build for a global audience, delivering secure, highly scalable, highly available services for all of your customers. If you are ready for an opportunity like this, we would love to hear from you.
Why it matters:
Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth, we must continually innovate with new processes and automation that simplify our operations at massive scale. You'll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact thousands of developers and teams. You'll help us rapidly launch and scale our services. The processes you operate will benefit Amazon's external customers.
Why you'll love it:
You'll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Amazon Web Services. You'll work with massive data sets. You'll improve the agility of our technical teams. You'll be part of a growing, fast paced, and innovative team. You'll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you'll define and execute processes to deliver both savings and productivity for AWS and Amazon.
As a Software Development Manager you will:
Lead a team to build and rollout systems to multiple global regions
Have end-to-end ownership of major engineering projects within Enterprise Identity
Build Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tooling
Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
Work closely with our internal customers to enable their goals and meet their demands
Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to launch and operations
Create and update our infrastructure and security standards and ensure that the systems adheres these standards
Review and implement changes on the systems utilizing thorough test plans
Lead efforts to drive automation
Drive operational excellence for your systems
Work with a wide range of technologies
Work on a variety of hardware platforms across multiple vendors
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous leader who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale engineering projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a high-impact opportunity with interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.
• Strong technical background, with at least 7 years experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architecture and design experience
• A Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Solid software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal outside direction, while constantly advancing long term goals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience delivering identity attribution management and access solutions including protocols like LDAP
• Experience with network and federated authentication protocols like Kerberos, NTLM, OIDC, & SAML
• Strong sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence
• Strong program and product management skills
• Experience with AWS platforms, services, and design patterns
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us