Software Development Manager, Embedded Linux - Amazon Scout
- San Francisco, CA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As an Embedded Software Manager, you will lead a team of embedded software engineers who are building the fundamental infrastructure for the Scout autonomous robot. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of our cutting-edge autonomous delivery robot!
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you lead your team through the planning, design, and delivery of kernel and driver-level projects. You will influence the future direction of the Amazon Scout Robot Software team and will leverage your previous experience to set a bold roadmap for your team.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history!
• Lead the design, development and verification of Embedded Linux systems
• Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
• Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
• Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
• Represent the embedded software team in key leadership and design reviews
• Work in a collaborative environment with other software and hardware leaders to build the next generation of autonomous robots!
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 4+ years of embedded software development experience
• 4+ Years of engineering management experience
• Experience in coding in C/C++
• Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience designing and implementing Embedded Linux platforms in a production environment.
• Experience with Linux kernel development, Linux device drivers and device trees.
• Experience in one or more of these areas: networking, cameras, sensors and associated algorithm development
• Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of Embedded Linux systems
• Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
• Experience with ARM based SOC architecture
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top