Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's mission is to be the world's most customer-centric company, and our homepage is how millions of customers begin their interactions with Amazon every day. We are a global team responsible for designing, developing and shipping one of the world's best known websites. We start with the customer and work backwards in order to build great customer experiences for mobile phones, desktops and tablets (both applications and web). If you've ever visited an Amazon homepage and thought, "this is great" or "this could be better," we're the team to talk to.
As a software development manager, you and your team will own the homepage tech stack. Responsibilities include direct management of development engineers, process and operational improvements, strategic planning, project management, and coordination of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of developing engineers and teams that deliver results. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to significantly influence the strategic direction of Amazon's website technology and directly impact millions of Amazon customers!
• BS in computer science or related field
• 3+ years experience managing software development teams
• 5+ years experience in a technical project management, software development, or related role
• Demonstrated ability to manage and develop teams of software development engineers
• Demonstrated ability to independently plan and deliver complex, high quality software
• MS in computer science or related field
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are able to communicate complex technical and project details to a diverse audience
• Experience building and operating customer facing products and large-scale distributed systems
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top