Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Do you have a passion for serverless technologies? Do you want to make service development better for thousands of software developers?
Datapath is a serverless compute solution for low-latency, high-throughput micro-services. It is the next generation of service-oriented architecture (SOA) that is core to Amazon's eCommerce business. Amazon customers using Kindle, Prime, Prime Video, Music, Fulfillment, and Shopping experience, depend heavily on high available/ reliable services powered by the Datapath platform. Engineers on the Datapath team design, build, and maintain highly scalable distributed systems that execute business logic, authored by teams across Amazon, millions of times per second in real-time.
As a Software Development Manager on the Datapath team you will lead a team to solve complex, mission critical problems throughout the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and operations. You will work on a tier-1, multi-tenant, high performance system, with technical challenges unique to this kind of scale and throughput. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You need to enjoy working closely in a peer group of highly talented engineers and leaders.
We are looking for smart, results oriented leaders, preferably with a background in leading teams building high throughput, low latency systems using multi-threaded Java programming patterns on Linux and backed by NoSQL stores. Preferably with prior experience in focus on distributed system performance and scale.
With the impact of this program pervading across all aspects of Amazon businesses, you will have an opportunity to noticeably impact Amazon's operating cost, top-line growth, and business agility.
Every day we are working hard, having fun and making history, and we'd love for you to join us.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience managing teams, building processes, project management, and release schedule.
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience in software developement
• 2+ years of people management experience
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Building multi-tenant, high throughput and large scale distributed systems
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top