As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled
individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification
(T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people
advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of
today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the
power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing engineering
team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
AWS Training and Certification's mission is to help close the cloud
skills gap. As the demand for Amazon Web Services grows, so does
the need for skilled cloud talent. To meet this demand, AWS Training
and Certification has launched a series of global education
programs, including AWS Educate, AWS Academy, re/Start, Tech U,
and Get IT.
AWS is looking for a world class software development manager to
build and lead a new development team focused on supporting all
our Educational Programs new products and integrations. You will
lead a new team that includes Software Developers, Salesforce
Development Engineers, Technical Program Manager, and work
closely with program and product leads to build and launch new
products for global customers.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers. You will dive deep into the
details on business, operations and engineering. You must be a
technical, detail-oriented leader who can build and grow an
engineering organization. You'll need to excel at hiring and
developing strong software development engineers. You'll also need
strong judgment and programming skills. In AWS, our leaders have a
lot of ownership and autonomy; so, they need to be right a lot. You
will have to be obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric
experience on the planet. You'll need to be able to invent and
simplify which is what we do every day in Amazon. We need leaders
that are able to look at problems in new ways, inventing simple
solutions to complex problems.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience designing and developing solutions in distributed systems environments
• 4+ years of experience managing software development teams
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Certified Salesforce Developer
• Experience in the Higher Ed industry
• Able to work in a diverse team
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
• Demonstrated creativity and judgment in developing exceptional experiences to customers
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• • Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Seattle.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.3K -$160K/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.