Software Development Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
At Amazon we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. In alignment to this, Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) is working to enable the largest selection of inventory on earth for our customers. AGL vision is to build Amazon's global logistics pipeline for any supplier to supply to any location in the world. AGL offers intercontinental logistics services to selling partners to enable them to move their product from an origin country to Amazon fulfillment centers. AGL is also responsible for exports from fulfillment centers to other countries outside of the fulfillment network. AGL enables global expansion for the selling partners with the highest standard of quality, accountability, and transparency.
AGL team is building cross border logistics solutions which eliminate borders between buyers and sellers. These solutions enable the third-party sellers to import or export their products across borders, thereby expand their business into new markets and get access to the customers around the world. Amazon is driving this multi-year vision to create new logistical benchmarks and "firsts" through disruptive innovation.
We need talented people to build highly-available, scalable distributed systems that provide clean interfaces between sellers, shippers, trade agents and customs authorities to ship their products to the customers around the world. If you are excited by the opportunity to lead a high performing engineering team in the design and development of this AGL solution, this is the right career move for you! We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction.
As a leader on the team, you will be expected to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, hiring and development of engineering talent, driving operational excellence, and shaping up the solutions to achieve our vision. This is your opportunity to make a big impact and make history in the world of global logistics!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of Software development experience
• 2+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 5 engineers
• 8+ years of experience in Software development
• 5+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 10 engineers
• Strong business and technical vision
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Previous demonstrated project management success on high-volume web-based applications projects
• Deep understanding of system architecture and OO Design and experience with large distributed and online transactional systems
• International experience or knowledge of additional languages is highly desired
Back to top