Software Development Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
At Amazon, we believe that every day is "Day One." A day to take the first step. A day to meet new challenges. Today could be the day that you become part of a bigger idea. A day where your thoughts can turn into reality. Become part of a company that redefines itself on a daily basis. Working for Amazon is a new excitement every day.
The AWS Enterprise Engineering teams oversee all the systems used by Amazonians to connect to their digital workspace and collaborate. Those services include but are not limited to identity and authentication, e-mail, client platforms, server platforms, patch management and compliance, enterprise telephony, conferencing, and collaboration.
Does the challenge and ownership of leading and driving large, cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Are you an energetic, focused, and skilled Development Manager (SDM) that has a track record of owning large scale systems while advocating customer experience? If so, then AWS's Enterprise Engineering e-mail team is looking for you.
A successful Manager candidate is a strong people manager, experienced in hiring and developing his/her staff. You are highly analytical, able to navigate exceptionally effectively across a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing various technologies into high quality, simple products that customers love. You have experience through multiple complete product development cycles, possess superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The key to success in this position is an equal passion for delivering new features and operating the current applications at the highest level of quality, ensuring that our customers have a world-class experience.
The ideal manager candidate will have experience defining projects and features, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets and analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection with a rigorous approach to gathering and evaluating data and communicating results throughout the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, or technical engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of relevant system/ engineering experience.
• 5+ years building and managing diverse and technically deep teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and stakeholders
• Knowledge of Python or Java, object-oriented design and service-oriented architecture.
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production systems.
• Strong track record of leveraging DevOps practices.
• Passion for people management and developing engineers' careers
• Demonstrated management experience of global teams of 8+ people.
• Demonstrated ability to design scalable systems that fulfill the needs of user populations of 800k+ users.
• Demonstrated thought leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
• Strong sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence.
• Practical experience with engineering best practices
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Passion for e-mail services and functionality
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top