We're kicking off exciting initiatives in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Software Development Manager who's ready to lead the next wave of innovation in email services at AWS.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for traditional IT solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
In this role, you'll build and lead a team of engineers working on a new development project focused on our email perimeter security. This role has high visibility and impact, as we build the next generation of enterprise email at Amazon - and beyond. Your team will build the front- and back-end software and features that improve the reliability, performance, and capabilities of services that hundreds of thousands of Amazonians rely on every day. Your work will raise the bar with customer-delighting features, enhanced security, and improved operational excellence for Amazon.
• You will influence the strategic direction of Tier-1 services.
• Build a strong team, hiring new resources as needed to enable team growth.
• Create individual employee development plans; cultivate career growth of team members.
• Develop and execute against organizational and team roadmaps, goals and strategies.
• Define and measure the success of deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, or technical engineering field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of relevant system/ engineering experience
• 5+ years building and managing diverse and technically deep teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and stakeholders
• Solid software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Strong experience building and running internet-facing mail services, including Postfix, sendmail, or Exchange
• Strong sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence.
• Strong program and product management skills.
• Experience with AWS platforms, services, and design patterns.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us