Software Development Manager, EC2 Virtual Private Cloud
Are you passionate about building strong, self-sufficient teams?
Do you get excited about the opportunity to work through and solve challenging technical problems with your team?
Do you want to influence the future of cloud computing?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) VPC team is looking for technical people leaders to help grow our organization and service. This role would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance software to streamline the management of millions of VPC routing rules.
If you are a Software Manager then this is your opportunity to own a major part of EC2.
What makes this team a great place to work?
- Empowered to make a real difference - We are empowered to do what is right for our customers and for our teams. We are encouraged to use data to respectfully challenge others or propose new ideas, regardless of seniority.
- Core Team - Our services underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make a large impact and drive the road map of AWS.
- Where Builders can build – We are focused on outcomes and minimize bureaucracy to maximize productivity.
- Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their needs.
- Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands.
If this, together with the Amazon leadership principals, sounds great and you are up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
Amazon Web Services is changing the world and this is a great opportunity to be a part of this exciting business!
- MS in Computer Engineering or related field and 5+ years industry experience OR BS in Computer Engineering or related field and 7+ years industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of software development
- A minimum of 2 years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java, and/or C++)
- Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
- Passion for great customer experience and quality
- Experience designing intuitive APIs or user interfaces
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top