Software Development Manager
- Toronto, Canada
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Manager interested in full-stack implementations. You will partner with stakeholders across Amazon device product lines to build the software platform enabling them to run Beta programs for new hardware and software releases. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, project management for software within the team, and quality of the software development process.
This position demands an ability to problem solve, prioritize, and communicate proactively. The ideal candidate will have experience working backwards from the customer to understand the true requirements underlying feature requests. People management includes hiring developers and fostering their career growth.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 6+ years of experience developing software
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and non-technical stakeholders
• Passion for people management and developing engineers' careers
• 10+ years of experience developing software
• 5+ years of experience managing people
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• Passion and the ability to inspire others
• Ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top