Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system for AWS? Would you like to be part of a software engineering team supporting the use of AWS services and management of infrastructure costs for the US intelligence community? AWS Commerce Platform (CP) allows customers to purchase AWS services. CP teams tackle some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in the world, processing trillions of events per month.
This role is an excellent opportunity to join the AWS Commerce Platform team based in Crystal City, Virginia (HQ2). You'll be working with passionate software engineers and technical managers. We are an innovative group whose solutions sit at the nexus of CP functionality and AWS customers. Specifically, we are responsible for building and operating services that enable the CP stack to function in AWS regions disconnected from the rest of AWS. Disconnected regions create a number of challenging engineering problems and often require us to collaborate with other engineering teams to create solutions. We take great pride in supporting the mission of our AWS customers
• Develop your skills and advance your career at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
• Solve big problems with the possibility externalizing them to customers.
• Influence customer experience for AWS' large customer base.
• Build systems and services that handle high transactional loads.
• Collaborate with a diverse set of partner engineering teams based in Vancouver, Seattle, NYC, Berlin, and Bangalore.
What You'll Do?
• Provide our customers with a great experience.
• Drive engineering effort, implementation, and deployments that meet functional, performance, scalability, and reliability requirements while also adhering to software development principles and best practices.
• Help your team create best outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy.
• Create and execute roadmaps and project plans.
• Work closely with team members to architect and develop the best technical designs and approaches.
• Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
• Learn AWS system architecture and be responsible for diving deep into code.
• Mentor and manage teams of software developers including their projects and performance.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your software.
• Evangelize operational excellence by leading operation reviews, documenting best practices, and prioritizing automation and infrastructure as code initiatives.
• Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leadership.
• Distill and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders.
You have experience with application development as well as managing technical infrastructure. You are an Agile methodology practitioner. You enjoy keeping your technical skills current and relish contributing to architecture and design discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and lead technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues. You are a clear communicator and can collaborate with other leaders to plan, prioritize, and build great customer experiences.
You have strong business intuition, and think broadly to identify ideas our external and internal customers will love. You enjoy taking ownership of issues, are a self-starter with a bias towards problem solving, and can deliver results even when faced with considerable ambiguity.
You enjoy being a people leader. You invest in building and mentoring effective software engineering teams.
This position requires the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen, and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• 5+ years building and operating large-scale software systems.
• 3+ years people management experience.
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.) and open-source technologies.
• Masters in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
• 7+ years building and operating large-scale software systems.
• 7+ years people management experience.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, and communicate effectively and get the right things done.
• Experience with high-volume operational environments including multiple data centers and thousands of servers.
• Success working across organizational boundaries, and bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.