Software Development Manager
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large initiatives for one of the world's largest online marketplaces excite you? Are you passionate in providing the technology vision and enable the team to build new IoT products ? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, solving complex business/technical problems and delivering innovative new solutions? Do you have a relentless focus on customers? We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
Our team is focused on building innovative and disruptive solutions for the access control and parking domains. A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, expertise in building both hardware and scalable software solutions, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- Mentor and grow superstar SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
- 5+ years hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results
- 3+ years software team management experience
- BS in Computer Science, a strong background in data structures, algorithms
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Proficiency with the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages and familiarity with emerging open-source technologies
- Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Experience in developing IoT products from the ground up
- High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top