Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Ideal candidates are passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment. You must have an established background in delivering customer-facing solutions, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a team.
Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, project management for software within the team, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers will be a key focus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for people management and mentorship.
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Experience leading multiple engineering teams
• Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Back to top