Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com is broadly recognized as #1 customer centric company in the US and abroad. At Amazon we drive innovation and customer obsession into everything we do, and this is especially true on the HR Solutions Team. We leverage technologies such as conversational AI and machine learning technology to help support associates and leaders across the World Wide Operations organization.
HR Solutions is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a group of engineers for a team that employs an innovation-driven approach to solving business problems, and quickly brings innovative ideas to life. The team recently won the Jeff Bezos "Just Do It" award, and is looking for a SDM to help the team continue on the path of strategic innovation.
A successful Software Development Manager should be highly autonomous with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize program deliverables. If you can communicate clearly and love to lead an engineering team to build large-scale innovative software products - then come join us in making history!
As part of this role you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers and lead the team from concept through delivery and subsequent operation.
- Solve challenging problems at significant scale
- Work on innovative systems that are in their beginning stages
- Work closely with product management and other business partners to define strategy and requirements
- Have regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy
- Be a thought leader, where you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by leading teams to build the solution.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• 9+ years of Software Development experience
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, more so using AWS services
• Experience with C++, Java, or Java Script
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience with SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
• Experience designing software architecture for scalability, reliability and performance
• A passion for people management and mentoring
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top