Software Development Manager - DOIT Team
- Seattle, WA
The DOIT organization is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead an engineering group in Dublin as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Global Talent Management. DOIT builds intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. Our engineering teams include big data engineering, machine learning, micro-service software development, front-end software development, and user experience design. In DOIT we are building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique "Day One" company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 Million employees.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a group of engineers responsible for building front-end experiences and back-end services that support our three year vision of delivering an intelligent consumer-grade experience to manage our global worldwide talent. You will be playing a pivotal role in evolving our current product experience and its service layer into a task-based experience that implements a modern UI and intelligent services in order to help Amazon employees around the world to grow their career. #techleader
Are you passionate about developing website architectures that scale and perform at high availability? Are you passionate about front-end and back-end website software development, big data, natural language processing and AWS technologies? Are you passionate about people development, and organizational development? Do you have the customer obsession to build a highly available website experience to hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees? DOIT, come invent with us!
As the ideal candidate you will be experienced in managing a team of software engineers, and technical program managers. You will have a proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology. You will have the ability to dive deep into the understanding of problems in order to help your team make the right technical decisions for the product and the business. You will have a proven track record of managing through others and developing the career of your direct reports. You will also be a strong communicator and will have proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations and communicating to VP level.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manage your group of engineers into a highly performing engineering team.
- Build and grow your organization in Dublin.
- Define and drive your product development strategy.
- Architect and deliver Amazon's DOIT website and intelligent services.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of managing experience.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Experience of having worked in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
- Proven track record of shipping large complex scalable systems/applications in an agile environment.
- Experience with Agile software engineering best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems.
- Experience of building solutions using AWS technologies.
Back to top