Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
The End User Computing market is growing at an incredible pace with a rapid increase in adoption and growth. Within End User Computing, AWS AppStream provides a fully managed Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution that enables end users to access applications and desktops from anywhere on any device while data remains secure. We are looking to revolutionize End User Computing space by launching multiple new initiatives this year.
We offer a unique opportunity to solve some of the most interesting problems associated with providing secure, reliable, fast and highly scalable solutions. In the process you will have the opportunity to work on a number of industry leading AWS services including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Step Functions, Lambda and SWF. You will also have the opportunity to own and shape the growth of multiple new components and features, thus providing you the opportunity to accelerate your learning and career growth while continuing to work on exciting technologies.
As a Software Development Manager on our team, you'll help to establish teams developing new systems from scratch, working closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You'll coordinate feature development across teams, ensuring new functionality fits into the broader slate of AWS services. You'll drive a culture that values operational excellence, security, customer focus, and continuous improvement.
Learn more about AppStream: https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/
Our customer references: https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/customers/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 6+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)
• Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, drive solution design across organizational boundaries, manage multiple software development efforts, establish rigorous testing standards and success metrics.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
• MBA or Master's Degree.
• Experience with platforms and development tools
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top