Software Development Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon is looking for a leader to expand Global Finance Platform that powers tens of billions of dollars of accurate payments across multiple lines of business worldwide
Amazon is seeking a rock star Software Development Manager who will own and shape the future of our Finance Technology (FinTech) delivery capabilities to process critical payee data, invoices and payments, provide financial data integration and process global withholding tax requirements across Amazon.
FinTech builds software systems that ensure accurate and on time payments for millions of Amazon vendors including publishers, app developers, game developers, marketplace sellers, associates and others. We're constantly looking for opportunities to expand capabilities in new geographies and new lines of business.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team and will be a role model to set an example for others at all times. You will build strong, highly-effective teams you can trust, delegate decisions and tasks to others in your organization. You will build processes that drive accountability within your team, where people assume and take responsibility for actions and decisions. You in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge will innovate with bold bets to drive business growth. You will solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. You will continually align your team's work, goals and priorities with Amazon's business objectives. You along with your team will develop pragmatic solutions. You will build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones
You must be able to
• Lead highly-effective teams, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems.
• Independently lead hiring and performance management for your team
• Recognize the high and low performers are and coach individuals for performance at both ends of the spectrum
• Create the identity and structure for your team
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team
• Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Successfully manage all stages of a program (from concept to delivery)
• Define all aspects of projects and programs including collecting requirements, writing high-quality documents and doing sprint planning
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development engineering
• Strong People Management experience managing a team of 6+ engineers. The candidate should have first hand experience on performance management, career growth and development of their directs
• Curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a 'can do attitude'. Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Experience designing and operating big data warehouses
• Good to have experience working on AWS stack
• Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguous and undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience with AWS
Back to top