Software Development Manager
AWS Elastic Load Balancing/EC2 Networking is looking for a Software Development Manager for a critical part of its service. This team owns the data plane systems used for both customer-facing services such as NAT Gateway, Elastic File System, Load Balancers, AWS service endpoints as well as many internal AWS services. This is a balanced team of senior and junior engineers that has proven it can deliver very important features for our customers. This leader will own staffing and managing the team for a key part of the service, setting the team culture, best practices, planning, and delivering on the product roadmap. The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be very customer-centric and able to think big!
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing as well as about building great resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services. This strong leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a rapid growth environment exhibiting abilities to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. They are a seasoned, mature engineering leader who is comfortable building teams and developing staff. This person has a proven track record of building a culture centered on customer focus, efficient execution, high quality, rigorous testing, deep monitoring, and solid deployment practices. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
- MS in Computer Engineering or related field and 5+ years industry experience. Or BS in Computer Engineering or related field and 7+ years industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of software development
- A minimum of 2—3 years of software management experience.
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
- Passion for great customer experience and quality
- Software development experience in C, C++, UNIX tools
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and AWS VPC features
- A passion for people management and mentoring
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top