Software Development Manager - Creative Engineering
- Culver City, CA
New challenges in content creation and digital content security make the entertainment world an extraordinary place to be as a Software Development Manager. Amazon Studios is at the forefront of a technology-driven revolution, and as a leader on the Creative Engineering team, you will manage a team of Software Engineers to effectively deliver projects that enable ingestion, cataloging, delivery and quality control of video assets.
Amazon's vision is to be the Earth's most consumer-centric company. You will work within a new, highly specialized team that aims to streamline the creative pipeline operations, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners. You will take a hands-on approach to designing and managing the implementation of a new generation of Studios Technologies.
You will join a friendly culture filled with team members that are really smart who encourage each other to learn. You will grow as an individual and leader, and in turn will invest in your team by coaching, mentoring and creating new processes to help your team thrive. You will be responsible for solving big problems where roads have not yet been paved.
You will need an experienced technical background, attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You enjoy fostering leadership in others and gaining the trust and respect of your peers.
To be a successful candidate you must be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer satisfaction is achieved. Most of all, you understand the value of merging Technology with Entertainment and are always thinking of new ways to delight our customers.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
• Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Comfortable mentoring and coaching reports
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience influencing best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Familiarity with the Media and Entertainment industry
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top