Amazon advertising is looking for an SDM to lead a brand new initiative that powers Amazon's venture into Contextual advertising space.
Advertising at Amazon is a fast-growing multi-billion dollar business that spans across desktop, mobile and connected devices; encompasses ads on Amazon and a vast network of hundreds of thousands of third party publishers; and extends across US, EU and an increasing number of international geographies.The Supply Quality organization in Bangalore has the charter to solve optimization problems for ad-programs in Amazon and ensure high-quality ad-impressions. We develop advanced algorithms and systems to optimize performance for our advertisers and publishers. We are focused on solving a wide variety of problems in computational advertising like traffic quality prediction (robot and fraud detection), Security forensics and research, Viewability prediction, Brand Safety and experimentation. Our team includes experts in the areas of distributed computing, machine learning, statistics, optimization, text mining, information theory and big data systems.
The Supply Quality infrastructure(SQI) team builds large-scale real-time transactional solutions, batch and stream processing systems, internet scale crawling solutions and storage infrastructure. We process bid requests in the orders of tens of billions per day with our real-time, batch and stream processing systems. To handle data at this scale, we use cutting-edge open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redis and Amazon's cloud services like EC2, S3, EMR, DynamoDB and RedShift. We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. All our systems need to also implement complex machine learning and optimization algorithms at scale.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to lead a new big-data engineering initiative within SQI. The team will own building highly available, efficient and low latency internet scale infrastructure including web-scale crawler, contextual processing and classification systems that will be used across multiple advertising use cases. As a leader of the team, you will be responsible to evolve the charter of the team, work with stakeholders to set goals and deliver them. To succeed, you need to demonstrate sound technical acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You will be responsible for fostering a culture of engineering excelllence towards delivering cutting-edge solutions that materially improve customer experience.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycles, influence software engineers best practices for your team and own operational metrics
• Work with business leaders and product managers to define product requirements.
• Prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
• Work with engineers to define technical requirements and architect and execute best-in-class implementations in agile manner
• Build and maintain world-class customer experience and operational excellence for your deliverables
• Hire, manage, mentor and grow a high performance team of Software Engineers
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Deep, hands-on technical expertise in large scale, service-oriented architectures
• Exposure to Elastic Map Reduce and Machine Learning programs.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
• Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables
• Strong business and technical vision
• Good understanding of web technologies & data engineering.