Software Development Manager - Computer Vision R&D
- Nashville, TN
Operations Technology IT
We develop and deliver technology that supports Amazon Operations at worldwide scope and scale that is unparalleled. We are forming a new team focused on providing advanced image solutions that leverage both automated and semi-automated Computer Vision (CV) and Machine Learning (ML) processing techniques to provide enhanced safety, productivity, and quality controls throughout Amazon's global operation sites. We will be automating image capture and analysis, large data set handling, using convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for classification and segmentation of images, spatial recognition of objects/distance/velocity relationships, real time and near-term operational feedback loops and large-scale process automation. See Amazon's recently open sourced Distance Assistant as a good example of our work.
What You'll Do
As a Software Development Manager III, you'll be responsible for driving the technical direction and engineering efforts required to provide solutions that utilize Amazon's global network of computer vision devices, applying Machine Learning and other advanced processing techniques that turn massive amounts of static and dynamic images into valuable information. The software solutions you'll be responsible for help operation facilities around the world keep associates safe, detect process flow anomalies in real time and identify problems before they impact customers. In this role, you'll be leading R&D experiments to evaluate new technologies, optimize existing solutions and help define the future of computer vision at Amazon at an unparalleled pace and scale.
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
• 7+ years of relevant professional engineering experience
• Experience partnering with product and program management teams to deliver customer solutions
• 3+ years of people management experience, specifically managing engineers
• Advanced functional skills with computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, modeling, solution architecture and algorithms
• Deep knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, automated testing, and operations
• Able to communicate effectively with technical and business stakeholders, providing clear and actionable direction to engineers
• Experience creating and operating large-scale, fault-tolerant, distributed systems
• High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers; obsessed with quality and customer experience
• Master's degree in relevant technology or leadership field (MS, MBA, etc.)
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience with primary AWS technologies (i.e. S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS etc.), best AWS practices (i.e. Well Architected Framework) and relevant AWS certification (Associate Level+)
• Full R&D life cycle experience from ideation, invention and experimentation through large scale production deployment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top