Software Development Manager, Compliance Tech
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Compliance Media Collection, Storage & Automation Team is looking for a Software Development Manager to build and own a software development team reinventing how we use technology at Amazon speed and scale to ensure safe and sustainable sourcing, handling and delivery of all product lines and products sold by Amazon. As the world's most customer-centric company, with customers including consumers, sellers, manufacturers, regulatory agencies, and shippers world-wide, Amazon has the combination of opportunity, passion, and resources to build the next generation of industry-leading solutions using a wide range of data-driven and customer obsessed technological and business capabilities.
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for a software development team developing a new media collection and analysis platform to collect and assess product and supplier related data for Amazon's growing worldwide product selection. You and your team will partner with a variety of programs, such as Dangerous Goods, Product and Food Safety, Restricted Products, Import Compliance, and Business Development programs, to apply Amazon compliance and safety standards at scale to all life cycles of the products Amazon sources, ships, or sells. Your team will be innovating with the latest Amazon technologies for data collection and analysis, and will be using the scale of Amazon's catalog and supply and fulfillment systems to drive new innovations.
As the ideal candidate you will be experienced in managing a multi-discipline organization, including front-end software engineers, QA engineers, and technical program managers. You will have a proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology. You will have the ability to dive deep into the understanding of problems in order to help your team make the right technical decisions for the product and the business. You will have a proven track record of developing the career of your direct reports and setting a high bar for performance. You will also be a strong communicator and will have proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Manage your group into a highly performing engineering organization.
• Define and drive your long term product strategy based on your relationships with key customers and technology partners.
• Architect and deliver Amazon's next-generation supplier engagement technologies to help solve Amazon's unique retail challenges at scale.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
• Several years of software development experience.
• Prior experience in people management.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Experience of having worked in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
• Proven track record of shipping large complex scalable systems/applications in an agile environment.
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication; ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Master degree preferred.
• Experience with large scale distributed systems.
• Experience of building solutions using Cloud technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top