We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and grow our engineering team to help us take our service to new levels of speed and quality. We're looking for an ambitious self-starter with a passion for internet scale. We need strong technical candidates with proven analytical capabilities, strong writing skills, internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
You will provide a service that is core to all modern Internet businesses.
You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
You will operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale.
You will own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS.
You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers.
You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds.
Obsess over our customer's needs and experience.
Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones.
Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
Are fast-growing, Agile and collaborative.
Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers.
Love diving into the details and tuning applications to reach higher levels of performance.
Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity.
Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission.
Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people.
Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
* Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• 7+ years of experience managing engineers and/or engineering managers
• 7+ years of experience driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery
• 5+ years of experience engineering distributed systems
• 3+ years of experience writing and defending business plans/justifications
• Deep knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP and congestion control topics.
• Familiarity with Linux operating system internals
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Strong OO programming skills, preferably in Rust, Java, C++ or C#
• Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration
• Work experience delivering products from the ground up, ideally in a startup or similar setting
• Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
• Experience establishing and evolving engineering development processes
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.