As a Software Development Manager for Amazon Music's cloud queue team, you will be responsible for inventing systems that optimize the listening experience for millions of customers. You will lead a team of high-caliber engineers to create new scalable systems to fulfill customer playback requests, integrate with systems to pick the perfect tracks to play, and launch infinitely scalable data stores to support a smooth listening experience. Through experimentation, you and your team will solve for an optimally engaging music experience by delivering content seamlessly and help customers interact with their currently playing music in easy and intuitive ways.
The ideal candidate is interested in growing and developing a nimble team, passionate about innovating for customers, and has a track record of success delivering new customer features and products at scale. The role requires leaders with technical depth to guide the development process including operations and scaling, and project management skills to insure the proper solutions are delivered incrementally to customers.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Amazon Music is looking for a passionate Software Development Manager to join our team in Seattle. Amazon Echo and Alexa are magical: you can ask for any music and it plays instantly. But it's still Day 1 for the voice-enabled music experiences, and we're looking for a leader to help us make it even better.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline
• Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with back-end distributed systems
• Experience working within agile software development lifecycles
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in service oriented architecture
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, agile methodologies, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks
• Master's or PhD in computer science preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.