Software Development Manager
Amazon is re-inventing its close process to produce daily financial results. To make it possible, Amazon's Finance Technology (FinTech) team will redesign the accounting close to provide businesses the financial information they need throughout the month. This team will build a platform to provide billions of near real-time business and finance events, and use that to generate aggregated reports such as daily profit and loss. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead the design and building of this large-scale near real time data ingestion, computation and prediction engine for all Amazon business lines.
This is an exciting opportunity for the seasoned development manager. In this position, you will play a leading role in architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale critical and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams, such as Finance, Tax and Accounting, across the globe, in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
You have top notch computer science skills, are obsessed with customer satisfaction, and have a demonstrated track record of passion for leveraging cutting-edge technologies to build incredible platforms.
- You have experience working across highly matrixed organizations.
- You understand bac-end services and know how to conceptualize, design, implement, and fix them.
- You go through life thinking about how to use technology to solve problems. You live and breathe data analysis, and can succinctly and accurately report your findings.
- You understand the untapped power of utilizing Internet technologies to support Amazon's goal to be the most customer-centric company in the world.
- Proven track record of managing development teams that are delivering high-quality, on-time, elegant solutions
- Most importantly, you have a passion for learning and are driven to be the best at what you do.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field (Engineering, Math, Statistics, etc.)
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Ruby, C#, or Perl
- Ability and drive to continually improve your knowledge, skillset, and understanding of Amazon's business, systems, and development environment
- Excellent communication skills and actively participate in team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Familiarity with Tax and Accounting Technology solutions
- Experience with languages/technologies such as Ruby/RoR UIs, Python, R, etc.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top