Are you a high-energy, highly skilled software development manager who wants to lead the team on cutting edge technology that protects millions of people every day? Do you want to work with data science and product manager to leverage machine learning to make our work easier? Are you ready to build solutions to some of the world's most complex technical challenges while at the same time doing battle with nefarious Sellers looking to abuse our catalog to derive unfair advantages?
Amazon Seller Partner Abuse (SPA) team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of talented engineers that deliver cutting edge software and services to influence the experience of millions of Amazon customers. The SPA team owns and manages pre-investigation automation, action taking system and machine learning integration.
The SDM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. Along with demonstrable tech chops you should be able to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions.
You are an ideal candidate if you have a solid track record of hiring and leading teams of software development engineers to design and deploy in an agile manner. Additionally, the SDM will assist in roadmap planning, staff training and development.
What You'll Do:
• Lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, and testing of the Seller Partner Abuse Tech solutions
• Advise and consult with other Senior Engineers on design and architecture
• Hire and mentor software engineers and actively participate in their career development
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
• Be a proactive contributor to projects that develop new intellectual property
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
• 4+ years of software development team management experience
• 7+ years of Software Development industry experience
• Proven track record building and managing software engineering teams
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
• Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 6+ years in workflow automation and internal software development
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding on machine learning and apply machine learning in automation.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.