Software Development Manager
- Bangalore, India
Does working with large scale systems that process millions of transactions excite you? Do you want to innovate and optimize the way packages get delivered to the customers? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as you are drilling into and design with development teams? If you answered yes, we have an opportunity for you!
The Access Points team is currently comprised of multiple product lines lik Lockers, Hub Counter and Locker+. Together, they form a network of 150K+ automated or attended locations, primarily in North America, Europe and Japan, where Amazon customers can pick up and return Amazon, and soon non-Amazon, packages. We build the solutions that provide a best in class pick-up and drop-off customer experience across the globe through the use of convenient, reliable, and secure Lockers and third party pickup points. Amazon Lockers are self-service kiosks placed in shopping centers, retail stores, transit stations, and other access points in areas with high customer density. To pick-up orders or drop-off returns, customers select a location on the website; receive a code, and collect or drop-off the package at their convenience. Our challenges include building geographical proximity solutions for customers to discover these locations, increase wallet share through customer engagement, developing smart algorithms using data analytics for real-time upsells of Lockers and pick-up points, developing and building highly available and scalable systems which can be used by any business in Amazon dealing with physical locations.
• Lead the engineering team through an agile transformation that delivers higher software development velocity and quality
• Develop strong engineering leaders and managers
• Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
• Regularly communicate status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Lead Engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes from around the world
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
• Own all operational metrics and support
• Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
• Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 12+ years of Software Development experience;
• 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in mobile and web-technologies
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Managed teams of up 8-10 engineers including other managers.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Previous experience in designing low latency mobile sites and applications.
• Experience in e-commerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
Back to top