Software Development Manager
- Arlington, VA
In Finance Automation, we are passionate about building systems and services that deliver a seamless and transparent finance experience for Amazon partners. We are responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the services, analytics, and transactions that support Amazon customers and vendors worldwide. Our talented teams span across the globe and depend upon our systems to perform their work; and serve customers efficiently, effectively, and securely. We build, operate, and scale systems that are responsible for billions of dollars in transactions, and are central to the success of worldwide finance. If you're interested in building the next generation of financial, distributed, and directed work systems that supports Amazon scale, and want to have a direct and immediate impact with customers, this job is for you.
We are seeking an experienced Software Development Manager who will lead the development and launch of a new systems that will serve the needs of employees worldwide. Their leadership will deliver a new system and set of services that will be at the core of building a new way of working at Amazon. A strong candidate will have experience with building and leading teams of software engineers, system engineers, and technical program managers; and in building systems/applications at enterprise level. They will be a clear thinker, thrive in hiring and developing team members, and have demonstrated experience in setting and delivering organizational impacting goals.
The right candidate will be one who is able to operate their team independently; driving their day to day work as well as long term goals. They will have great judgement about when to coach, develop, intervene, or let the team learn on their own, ultimately creating a high-performance and team-oriented culture. They will be passionate about delivering extensible solutions, building a high-performing team, linking the bottom-line impact to their work, and relentless and innovative in solving problems.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Familiarity with cloud computing, AWS Technologies
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top