Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Amazon Video team delivers high-quality video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Amazon Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set. As a member of the Video Playback team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit tens of millions of Amazon.com customers.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Master or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields with specialty in multimedia areas
• Expertise and experience of audio and/or image & video processing and compression algorithms and standards, computer vision and/or machine learning
• 1~3 years professional experience in software development
• Fundamentals in algorithm designs (specialized in multimedia areas), problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of designing and developing robust and scalable software and services in multimedia areas
• Expertise and experience of media containers (such as MP4 and MPEG-2 TS), streaming protocols (such as DASH and HLS), and tools for encoding/decoding/muxing/demuxing (such as ffmpeg, x264, x265, MP4Box, isoviewer), and content protection (CENC)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.