Software Development Manager - Big Data, ML, Search, Knowledge Graphs
- Seattle, WA
As the software development manager in the Product Graph Demeter team, you will play a key role in the establishment of a new platform, with opportunities to create enormous benefit for our customers. We are building an authoritative knowledge base by extracting and inferring growing number of facts about the world for both Alexa and Retail. With hundreds of millions of customers and billions of products, Amazon will offer a challenging and fun journey to build high-quality knowledge graph to impact customer experiences across Amazon.
You will lead the software development group that takes academic research from theory to production implementation overcoming performance, scalability, and resiliency challenges. You should enjoy optimization through rapid experimentation, have extremely high standards, and strong ability to implement in the face of ambiguity. Expertise in specialized areas such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Graph Processing, Search, or Recommendation Systems is desired.
We seek a creative lead who: (1) is passionate about their work, (2) works well with others, (3) has a positive attitude, and (4) can collaborate closely with the product graph science team and other client teams.
In this role, you will:
1. Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, and influence our technical and business strategy.
2. Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: Machine Learning, Big Data, Knowledge Graphs, and Analytics.
3. Work closely with the science lead and the science team to bring new ML and graph-based algorithms into production.
4. Mentor senior engineers and technical leads provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
5. Manage the design, implementation, test, and deployment of the services.
6. Help hire talented engineers and technical leads.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience shipping large complex scalable systems/applications in an agile environment.
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Bachelor, Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering
• A leadership position in a team delivering big data technologies, machine learning, or distributed systems
• Work experience delivering one or more version one products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top