Software Development Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
We are looking for high caliber and tested Software Development Manager to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, front end and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top