Software Development Manager
- Cairo, Egypt
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you are done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we will charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
We're looking for talented, hands-on Managers who can manage and drive complex programs including high scale services to secure the physical retail store business. Everyone on the team has the opportunity to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. You'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. You'll define, plan and execute on deliverable to build fault-tolerant, highly available set of tools and services to secure the stores efficiently.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing technical talent in the team. You need to be able to grow engineers in your team. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace. We are tackling problems today that will have a major impact on our future success. If you want to join a fast-paced team that is innovating and making history, this is the place for you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 10+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, and development
• 2+ years people management experience or relevant leadership experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience operating large scale web-based distributed systems
• Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top