The Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) team owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems. We build the systems that decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon's business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. IPC fosters new game-changing ideas, continuously improves, resulting in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon.
• Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
• Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
• Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
• Career management and development of direct reports
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management team
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 7+ years of Software Development experience; 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in mobile and web-technologies
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Managed a team of 7+ engineers
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.