Software Development Manager - AWS Security
- New York, NY
AWS is where you make an impact at Cloud scale. We are the leading provider of Cloud services, growing rapidly quarter-on-quarter. Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Team is responsible for the security of services offered by AWS. We are looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented leader responsible for a growing portfolio of tools to detect and mitigate security issues. The team dives deeply into all aspects of our services from the infrastructure they run on to the resources they make use of to the components of the service itself.
Who we are: Our team is responsible for tools to support the development, qualification and operation of secure AWS services. Tooling is how we scale to keep up with the rapid growth in services and customers.
What you will do: You will have the opportunity to lead a growing domain of tools focused on securing the resources used by all AWS services. Examples include accounts, databases, systems and networks. You will set the strategy and roadmap, work at all levels from individual contributor to executives, and lead the team to deliver impactful results.
Why it matters: Trust in the security of AWS is paramount for customers to move their workloads to the cloud. Our security tools are a fundamental means by which we continuously earn our customers' trust.
Why you'll love it: We work on challenging problems at the forefront of security. We work at a scale of business that is unrivaled. You will lead a talented and growing team with strong ownership for the domain of resource security. You will explore new ideas, work broadly with customers and stakeholders, and work in a supportive / collaborative environment.
Who we're looking for: We are looking for an experienced deeply technical hands-on leader. A leader who is customer obsessed. A leader who builds a strong organization, invests in developing every team member and provides opportunities for people to excel. A leader who dives deep to understand a problem, how things work and identify the path forward. A leader able to think big about the future, chart the path and deliver results.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• 5+ years of experience managing people
• Experience defining system architectures, exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs, building roadmap, building and operating large scale distributed systems running 24x7
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for people management and mentoring
• 8+ years of people management experience; 3+ years managing managers (Leader of leaders)
• Experience leading multiple engineering teams
• Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
• Excellence in technical communication with executives, peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• The ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top