AWS Lambda, at the heart of the Serverless movement, is a fast growing service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure for a wide range of applications
We are looking for a proven leader to help lead teams of exceptional software engineers to tackle some of the hardest problems at global scale. We want someone who has a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software on time, has relentlessly high standards for themselves and everyone around them and who will drive engineering best practices throughout the while constantly looking for ways to make the systems we own better.
In this role you will own services at the core of Lambda's execution fleet responsible for keeping millions of containers running, tackling large scale performance and availability challenges, delivering new improved features for Lambda execution and leading the way in making Lambda an ever more efficient compute platform. You will navigate the competing priorities of delivering extremely lightweight services, embracing modern languages like Rust and Go.
The ideal candidate will look like this....
• Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". The right candidate will love what they do and instinctively know how to make work fun.
• Enjoys being a great people manager. i.e., building, motivating and mentoring a world-class software engineering team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
• Brings a strong set of project & product management experience.
• The successful candidate will create product roadmaps for the team. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services.
• You will be intensely customer focused: you understand your customers' challenges and are constantly looking for ways to solve them.
• You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience, and 3+ years of people management experience
• 5+ years' experience in developing mission critical online services.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Strong business and technical vision
• Track record of delivering large scale software systems on time
• Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills and experience of managing vendors.