AWS Lambda, at the heart of the Serverless movement, is a fast growing service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure for a wide range of applications
We are looking for a proven leader to help lead teams of exceptional software engineers to tackle some of the hardest problems at global scale. We want someone who has a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software on time, has relentlessly high standards for themselves and everyone around them and who will drive engineering best practices throughout the while constantly looking for ways to make the systems we own better.
In this role you will own services at the core of Lambda's execution fleet responsible for keeping millions of containers running, tackling large scale performance and availability challenges, delivering new improved features for Lambda execution and leading the way in making Lambda an ever more efficient compute platform. You will navigate the competing priorities of delivering lightweight services, embracing modern languages like Rust and Go.
The ideal candidate will look like this....
• Enjoys being a great people manager. i.e., building, motivating and mentoring a truly innovative software engineering team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
• Brings a strong set of project & product management experience.
• The successful candidate will create product roadmaps for the team. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services.
• You will be intensely customer focused: you understand your customers' challenges and are constantly looking for ways to solve them.
• You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience, and 3+ years of people management experience
• 5+ years' experience in developing mission critical online services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Excellent business and technical vision
• Track record of delivering large scale software systems on time
• Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills and experience of managing vendors.
• Able to work in a diverse team