Software Development Manager - AWS Identity Resource Management
- Shanghai, China
Are you interested in building a search engine that scales for trillions of objects with a search latency in milliseconds? Does the engineering challenge of building complex relationship graphs with trillions of nodes and edges excite you?
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The AWS Identity team owns and operates highly scalable, highly available distributed systems that are used by all AWS customers and internal service teams alike. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS. We enable our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant engineering leaders to work with us on this new initiative!
We are building a new cloud platform that dramatically simplifies how enterprise customers manage and control access to their AWS resources. We are looking for a talented engineering leader who will be responsible for owning, driving and evangelizing this space focused on enabling customers to manage and secure their AWS workloads at scale.
This position represents a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the technology, product, and business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, the ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, and the desire to have an industry-wide impact.
• Architecture, design, code ownership for long-term product strategy for AWS Resource management services
• Own the development of low-latency, high-availability search and discovery services
• Ownership and continuous improvement of all operational metrics and automation tools for your team's software
• Manage communication with stakeholders and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Coach and manage high-performing engineering team
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering
• Proven skills designing and developing simple solutions to complex, customer challenges
• 7+ years' experience developing software
• 5+ years' experience managing software development teams
• Experience leading and developing highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
• Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Understanding of Identity Systems like LDAP and/or Active Directory
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 3+ years of working with large distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top