Software Development Manager - AWS IDE Toolkits
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind.
You will help us define cloud-native IDE experiences that are as welcoming as they are powerful. You will interact with Amazon developers all over the world to identify and resolve pain points, fill in gaps in tooling, and evolve the IDE experience. You will analyze telemetry to keep us focused on our customer's needs. You'll also work with teams across Amazon who want to provide in-IDE experiences for their services. And you'll have the opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer. As a people manager, you will spend most of your time and energy ensuring that the team is healthy, that we hire and retain the best talent, and that the team is working toward the right goals.
When we started building this team, we set out to create a place where engineers can deliver great work. That means finding and hiring people who value great engineering but who also value professional and personal relationships. We are a global business, so your ability to work with people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds will be important. As software engineers, we need to balance a lot of things. To us, "agile" means balancing software craftsmanship, operational excellence, and delivering value to our customers - while also allowing the team to plan work and life in a predictable way, work hard without needless distractions or fire drills, and spend quality time away from work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 7+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams
• 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Familiarity and development experience with Web services technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
• A deep understanding of .NET technologies and platform internals
• A deep understanding of JVM languages and platform internals
• A deep understanding of Node.js and related frameworks
• Experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum
• Experience with open-source development
• Experience with plugin development for IDEs
• Experience designing graphical user interfaces
• Experience as a technical/project lead
• Strong desire to build great tools for other developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top