Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2). Amazon EC2 Core Platform Services team owns the foundational services that enable our customers to launch millions of EC2 instances every day. The team is focused on software and systems development for various aspects of the EC2 core platform engineering including server provisioning, control plane capacity management, server health monitoring and remediation. We are looking for seasoned engineering leaders with passion for technology and an entrepreneurial mindset. At Amazon, it is all about working hard, having fun and making history. If you are ready to make history, we want to hear from you!.
EC2 Core Platform Services is looking for a strong technical leader. You will be partnering with senior engineering leaders across AWS and lead your team in designing and building the systems software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance expectations. A successful candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity, be able to grow a highly qualified team of systems experts and be able to coordinate closely with other AWS teams. If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of high scale and cutting edge distributed technologies, we want you to help us grow EC2!
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 5+ years building and managing diverse and technically deep teams.
• 5+ years experience designing and building distributed systems.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++,or Java, Object oriented design and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Demonstrated serial success in team building, agile processes, and cloud service development
• Has taken systems software products and services from inception to customer delivery
• Has a track record of successfully participating in roadmap prioritization with product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business executives alike
• Has experience with large scale distributed systems and enterprise software development
• Experience with data engineers or business analysts in Big Data analytics