Software Development Manager - AWS Cryptography
AWS Cryptography is looking for an experienced software development manager to help lead a team of passionate developers who build innovative tools to simplify the use of cryptography. Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and this team is dedicated to making it easy for our customers to build security into their applications. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements.
We are looking for a manager who has experience leading teams to build tools that inspire developers to create great things. You will get to work with AWS customers and internal developers to understand how to help them improve the security of their applications using your teams' tools. You will get to develop and support the active AWS open source community who will take your tools and make them better. You will get the opportunity to research and implement the newest cryptography technology and methods to help raise the bar for secure application development. You will work with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists within AWS to define the roadmap your organization that meets business needs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading and nurturing a team of software development engineers to build secure and easy to use software development tooling.
- Owning the complete open source software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, implementation, testing, and support.
- Operating an AWS business with globally distributed customers.
- 5+ years software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing systems
- 3+ years experience managing a team software engineers
- 2+ years experience developing and supporting open source tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience writing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C/C++, Python, or Ruby, including object-oriented design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
- Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top