CloudWatch is a monitoring and observability service build for Dev Ops engineers, developers, site reliability engineers, and IT managers to gain actionable visibility into the health of their applications and systems. At CloudWatch we solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, and workflow. We run one of the largest time-series data stores on the planet (monitoring more than 1 quadrillion metric observations, triggering 3.9 trillion events, and ingesting hundreds of petabytes of logs per month).
Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems
We are looking for a software engineering leader to build world class monitoring solutions for containers and Lambda functions. Successful candidates are passionate about monitoring and have experience leading organizations in a related space. To be successful in this role, you will need a good balance of deep technical skills and strong product sense and you will need experience building and leading high performing software teams. You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team with senior executives. Finally, you will need strong customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers' feature requests.
Building a High Performing & Inclusive Team Culture
You will be attracting and developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results through others is your primary responsibility, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are committed to the growth of every CloudWatch team member, and that includes our managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire CloudWatch org and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams.
CloudWatch org is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale.
• BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience.
• 10+ years of software and operations in a large-scale enterprise environment.
• 5+ years of people management experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a senior leader.
• Experience leading a team with diverse skill sets including software engineers and front end engineers
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of large scale software projects.
• Experience running and maintaining a large scale, 24x7 service-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple centers.
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex systems
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role - Dive Deep in business and technology, and Think Big.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations. at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us