Software Development Manager, AWS AmazonAI Machine Learning Platform
Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems, rich client-side libraries, and/or first-class UI's. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, client SDKs, and/or web UI's, deep technical skills, excellent project management skills, and experience hiring and developing talent. We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments. This includes the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Insist on the highest standard for operational excellence from day 1 so development resources
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Customer engagement and product roadmap definition.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in distributed systems, clientside libraries/SDKs, or web UI's.
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 2 years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Machine learning knowledge and experience
- MS or PhD Degree in Computer Science
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top