Are you up for the challenge of building a new AWS service that services million of AWS customers in milliseconds scale? Do you love working with native AWS services? If your answer is yes, the AWS Accounts team is looking for a software manager to drive an exciting new initiative. As the leader of your team, you will be responsible for building your team from the ground up, developing and coaching incredible engineers, setting the roadmap and delivering features for our customers to help them along in their AWS journey. You will also be in the unique position to build an AWS scale service that will have a 100% adoption, because every customers journey starts with the creation of an AWS account. Your solution will be critical to the growth of AWS and adoption of AWS by our customers, talk to us to find out more.
- Own the vision, roadmap, development, operations and planning of internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
- Hands on to understand the architectural trade offs to build highly available and scalable systems, helping deliver right features to delight our customers
- Utilize your technical depth to guide highly skilled engineers on the team
- Work with teams across AWS to build integrate solutions
- Lead, manage and collaborate integrated roadmaps to achieve goals across organization
- Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
This is your chance to make a lasting impact at AWS, by running a high performing team, that is part of a greater organization consisting of a diverse, smart, and hardworking engineers. Among many things, we're parents, musicians, and athletes who also enjoy time outside of the office. We've worked hard to create a trusting, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere. We're looking for an coach to grow our engineers and foster a positive, enthusiastic, and driven environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Hybrid Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule if located near one of our Amazon offices.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/ "
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry software development experience including 4+ years of management experience
- Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of industry software development experience including 5+ years of management experience
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Strong design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive