Software Development Manager - Autonomous Mobility
- North Reading, MA
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Software Development Manager within our Mobility team. In this role, you will lead a team designing and building software for the new generation of mobile robots enabling Amazon Fulfillment solutions. Delivering reliable and high-performance software at Amazon scale requires technical leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, managers will interact with customers, understand our business goals, collaborate with other leaders, and innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and high-value functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a Software Development Manager at Amazon Robotics? You need to be creative, responsible, and curious while leading the team to move quickly to deliver results for our customers. You're excited about designing and implementing solutions that scale and engaging customers to understand what's needed to meet their needs. You're able to think about business opportunities, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our service architecture in the course of a single conversation. You're looking to lead and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Prior experience as a software engineer developing production commercial software in Java, C++ or other Object Oriented languages
• Ability to design complex software solutions
• Professional experience implementing one or more of the following on real hardware in a production environment: localization and mapping (SLAM); robot control and navigation (local trajectory planning and execution); object detection and tracking
• 5+ years' of experience managing teams and leading complex cross-functional development projects
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with service oriented architecture
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions using Amazon Web Services
• Experience in equipment control and integration
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top