Software Development Manager, Aurora Test Infrastructure
- Palo Alto, CA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are the public cloud. AWS commands a majority of the world's public cloud traffic, serving over 1 million customers, and this volume is growing exponentially every day. At Amazon/AWS, we take databases to their limits. Due to our scale, we see issues that no other RDBMS customers see. We are creatively and disruptively solving some of the most complex database problems related to immense growth, scaling, leveraging the cloud, extremely high performance and high availability requirements. Do these types of challenges excite you? if so .... AWS Database Services is currently looking for a talented Test Infrastructure Development Manager with 5 to 10+ years of technical and leadership experience for its Palo Alto office. The manager will own development of infrastructure to develop and support engineering activities for thousands of production database systems. The ideal candidate will be responsible for fast-paced complex distributed database environments supporting our MySQL family of products. Successful candidates will have the ability to work directly with engineering teams to rapidly develop complex technical solutions to meet evolving development needs.
- You have had success recruiting, managing and developing a large, geographically diverse group of world class engineers.
- You have consistently driven improvements and work hard to identify true root causes of systemic issues and fix them the first time.
- You can write and present effectively. You have proven experience with authoring roadmap documents, project plans, RCAs, and team development documents. You are able to speak with clarity and influence to entry level engineers and technical/business leadership alike.
- You are curious, you take the time to learn and stay abreast of upcoming technologies and industry trends.
- You take the time to learn about your customers businesses and ensure that your team is aligned with those priorities.
- You have development or database engineer/administrator with experience managing massive high transaction, Tier 1 database systems
- You have expert hands on experience with several test infrastructures especially with database engines, including MySQL, MariaDB, or Aurora MySQL.
- You have hands on experience supporting infrastructure development for large distributed systems in a cloud environment.
- Agile software development experience is a requirement.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or a related quantitative field
• 5+ years managing test, development or database engineering/administration teams and operations.
• Minimum of 10 years development experience with administering and supporting multiple complex cloud infrastructure for performance critical, highly available systems on UNIX/Linux platform with MySQL databases is preferred.
• Experience managing geographically diverse teams and environment.
• Experience with SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
• Masters degree in engineering, sciences or business.
• Experience with Agile development
• 10+ years overall database experience, including 5+ years as an engineering manager.
• Experience running massive scale systems in AWS RDS or similar.
• Experience working for a cloud service provider in a leadership role.
• Experience in consultancy role, assisting and mentoring junior DB engineering staff.
• Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top