Do you have the Amazon Mobile Shopping app on your phone or tablet? Well, that's us! We are Mobile Shopping Foundations and we are responsible for the foundations that build, develop, test, and deploy the Amazon mobile Shopping app. For thousands of developers within Amazon, our solutions make it easy to reach hundreds of millions of customers around the world.
We are looking for an Application Security and Privacy Manager to lead a team of security engineers and software engineers in Vancouver, BC that deliver software solutions empowering hundreds of Amazon engineers to deliver effectively while preserving customer experience and trust. As the leader of the Mobile Privacy and Security Engineering team you will have opportunity to prioritize and deliver the most impactful improvements for mobile developers across Amazon and our customers. You will help develop and implement global processes to scale our privacy and security programs worldwide. You will build the development guardrails that protect privacy and security across the numerous features. As one of the fastest growing shopping channels for Amazon, it's important for us to build the next generation of tools and APIs to enable secure and trustworthy user experiences. You will be a force multiplier for hundreds of Amazon engineers to help them deliver such experiences to customers with minimal effort. You will inspire and grow a team of engineers to design and deliver the most impactful improvements and achieve their career dreams.
You will have the opportunity to manage development of AWS services, security and privacy testing of the iOS and Android mobile shopping apps. You will have freedom to learn and be curious about new and emerging technologies you can harness to deliver faster and more effectively. You'll be challenged with ambiguity and will delight yourself and customers when you deliver. You'll measure, make improvements, measure again, and drive meaningful results. You'll be empowered to design the most effective engineering practices for delivery with iteration. Most importantly, you'll have fun!
Does this sound like your next big opportunity? Let's get started!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• 4+ years experience managing technology teams
• Demonstrated experience designing scalable, secure, and highly available systems
• Proven track record for attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
• Demonstrated experience as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and effectively influence across teams
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated experience resolving complex business and/or technical tradeoffs
• Experience running privacy-related programs (e.g. GDPR)
• Experience running security-related programs
• Experience building complex and/or popular mobile applications on Android or iOS
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments