There is nothing COOLER than thinking and building a brand-new IoT protocol like Sidewalk. Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role? Join us as the initiator of Sidewalk.
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Software Development Manager Role
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a world class team of engineers working on embedded software and firmware along with Amazon internal and third-party partners.
A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will work closely with other platform, hardware, operations, user-space, and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive and flexible, and possess a strong desire to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
• Ownership of the overall system development and integration with third-party software and hardware.
• Focus on system performance and reliability through automation at very large scale.
• Build and grow a best-in-class engineering team.
• Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
• Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring.
• Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
• Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development and test automation.
Base location: Taipei or Hsin-Chu
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
• 10+ years of experience building successful production software systems.
• 7+ years of people management experience.
• Experience working with networking or wireless devices in an embedded environment.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience using any kind of automation framework to build a large-scale validation and verification system
• Deep understanding of embedded system integration and a strong track record of on-time delivery
• Proficiency of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, RTOS, busybox)
• Knowledge of Wi-Fi, BT, or 3G/LTE. LoRa will be a big plus.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business and technical vision
• Broad hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.